Patrick D. Leavy, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Patrick concentrates his practice on complex commercial disputes, insurance coverage matters, and litigation tort defense. He has handled matters from commencement through the trial process. Prior to his time at Vahey Law, Patrick was an Appellate Court Attorney with the Appellate Division Fourth Department, where he handled numerous complex civil and criminal appeals. Prior to his time with the Fourth Department, Patrick worked at a Buffalo-area law firm, practicing in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance coverage, and tort defense.
Patrick is a graduate of the University at Buffalo School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude, was a Publications Editor on the Buffalo Law Review, and was the recipient of the Robert J. Connelly Award for excellence in trial advocacy. He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Monroe County Bar Association. Patrick also is the Co-Chair of the Insurance Coverage Committee of the New York State Bar Association, Torts and Compensation Law Section.
He resides in Irondequoit, New York with his wife, son and golden retriever. When he is not practicing law, Patrick enjoys spending time with his family, including hiking in the local country and New York State parks.
- State University of New York Buffalo School of Law, JD
- State University of New York College at Brockport, BS
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Monroe County Bar Association (MCBA)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch 2023
- 2022 Sheldon Hurwitz Young Lawyer Award
- 2021 Daily Record Up and Coming Lawyers Award
- Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Eagle Scout