Patrick D. Leavy, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Patrick concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, including breach of contract, business disputes, and commercial real estate litigation. He also advises in the areas of insurance coverage and litigated tort defense.
Prior to his time at Vahey, Patrick was an Appellate Court Attorney with the Appellate Division, Fourth Department, where he handled numerous complex civil and criminal appeals. Prior to his time with the Fourth Department, Patrick worked at a Buffalo-area law firm, practicing in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance coverage, and tort defense.
Patrick is a graduate of the University at Buffalo School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude, was a Publications Editor on the Buffalo Law Review, and was the recipient of the Robert J. Connelly Award for excellence in trial advocacy. He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Monroe County Bar Association. Patrick is the New York State Bar Association, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section District Representative for the Seventh Judicial District. Patrick is also the Co-Chair of the Rochester Steering Committee for the University at Buffalo School of Law Alumni Association. Patrick resides in Irondequoit, New York with his wife and son.
- State University of New York Buffalo School of Law, JD, 2016
- State University of New York College at Brockport, BS, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2017
- Monroe County Bar Association (MCBA)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy